Mexicali News: Eco-Friendly Insulation at the Newcastle Store

Although we’re not actively pursuing LEED certification for our new store, we are trying to implement as many energy efficient/green building aspects as possible, hoping to reduce our environmental impact & be kind to our planet. One part of that is this crazy-looking cellulose insulation!

photo 2Cellulose insulation is made from 75-85% recycled paper fiber–usually post-consumer waste newsprint (the remaining 15% is fire-retardant material).  Cellulose is a favorable way to insulate according to the US Green Building Council, as it meets the standards of two LEED catagories: energy & atmosphere performance (meaning the insulation will help us to use less energy to keep the building heated & cooled), and materials & resources recycled content (because it’s made from recycled materials). Pretty cool, right? We think so!  Just one more reason that we’re super stoked about this new space!

photo 3

About the Author

Posted by

Add a Response

Your name, email address, and comment are required. We will not publish your email.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

The following HTML tags can be used in the comment field: <a href="" title="" rel=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <pre> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

%d bloggers like this: